Friday, September 14, 2012

Artist Statement

Where do I begin? Well, instead of talking about me, I will talk about my views on art, what art is, how does art make me feel etc. Art has always made me feel a sense of eternity. It is like I'm always there. I never liked the concept of death. I don't like things disappearing or disintegrating. Immortality always appealed to me. Art to me is the only thing that is immortal. Art makes me feel like I'm am living in a timeless and harmonious existence with the universe. It makes me feel like I have merged with the universe. It makes me feel at one with the universe. It is art that made me feel like I understand the infinity of the cosmos. That is only how art makes me feel. Now, I will talk about what is art. Art is not the end. Art is only a means to the end. The end is beauty. Art itself is neutral. It is not beautiful nor ugly. Beauty is a concept. Different people will connect with art differently. Different people favor different kinds of art. Everyone has an idea of what good art is. But, not everyone will agree on what is good art. Art has the ability to allow the admirer to reach a new height of understanding beauty. Beauty is a concept that is quite hard to understand. It might not even be able to be understood at all, at least not logically. But you can feel it. It is an extremely strong compelling emotion that overtakes you. In everyday life, it is very hard to experience the admiration for beauty. This is where art comes in. Art is a tool used to help you experience the admiration for beauty. For, this is the purpose of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment